Hello there! Glad to see you back to visit! Today I’d like to talk to you a bit about make up on your wedding day.
Your wedding day is probably the most photographed day of your life. You’ll have those memories captured in time and displayed throughout your home. It goes without saying that you want to look your very best! That day is a culmination of all the dreaming and planning you have done for so long.
Hiring a make up artist is a big decision. Let’s take a look at how to make this choice easier.
- Start your search at least 6 months ahead of time. A good artist is in high demand. You’ll need time to find the person who will suit you personally and can be there for you on that day.
- Don’t just rely on photographs you see in a magazine. Those can be touched up and made to look flawless. An upstanding artist will have references and won’t flinch at you wanting to contact former clients.
- Ask a lot of questions! Find out if your personality meshes with your potential artist. You want someone who will readily listen to your ideas, but also give you helpful hints or gentle steering in the right direction. You’ll be stressed on the day of your wedding. If you have someone you have friction working on your, your tension will shine through.
- Price. I know, you are on a budget! Sometimes that’s a little more like a guideline and you have some wiggle room. That’s ok! Just make sure you know what’s included. How much time will your artist be there? Is there an extra charge for supplies? Will the artist be the only one there or will you be paying for a team? If you want to include your bridesmaids be sure to talk about that as well. Surprises the day of the wedding won’t be pleasant for either person. Be respectful of them as a business person.
- Hair, does your artist do that as well? Or will you need to plan a trip to a salon or make time for hair before makeup?
- Decide how you want to look. Do you like drama? Do you prefer the natural look? Make sure you convey this to the makeup artist and feel comfortable with that person fulfilling your ideas for your wedding. Look on Pinterest, in Bridal magazines and even celebrity magazines for ideas.
- Take someone with you to the initial appointment. That person can keep you on track and not let you get swept up by your surroundings or that initial rush of excitement. It’s ok to take time and find that perfect fit. It took you a while to find your perfect guy and your perfect dress. Give yourself the go ahead to interview more than one person.
I love fall. The smell of the leaves, the beautiful colors and the crisp temperatures. If I had to do it all again, I would love to have a fall wedding. There are so many natural resources and so many cute fall favors!
Here are some tips to make your fall wedding beautiful!
- Check out schedules. Local area festivals are plentiful during the fall season. Craft shows, apple festivals, and of course football events are things to watch out for. Many brides choose Fridays or Sundays to cut down on costs or make sure their chosen venue has an opening. Sunday afternoons may be taken up with sports. Trust me, you don’t want men glued to their phones throughout your big day. (We had no way to know, but the Stanley Cup finals were the day we got married. We had one guest bring in a small radio and headphones – no, I’m not kidding)
- Venues. There are many outdoor venues that have trees that will be laden with fall leaves. That can be a money savor in terms of decorations for the ceremony. Keep in mind that fall weather is also unpredictable. Ask the venue if they have a back up indoor setting and how much notice they need to make that transition. It will leave you prepared for any unexpected changes and you will be less stressed out the day of your wedding.
- Speak to your florist about using in season flowers. Also using colors that are abundant in autumn make your photographs pop and will make decorations easy to coordinate.
- Food. Make use of the bounty available to you. Also, this time of year is a great time to have a candy bar open during the reception. Think of all the candy available at this time of year! And buying in bulk can make it that much easier on your budget. Who doesn’t love sweet treats? Our Sweet Shoppe Theme Candy Buffet Boxes are perfect and you can match the colors to your decor!
- Decor. I think that fall is one of those times where you can use nature in your decor and have a stunning effect! Pumpkins, gourds, pine cones and leaves are easy to get and are biodegradable! Going green is a big trend and this time of year lends itself to that trend.
I hope if you’re planning a fall wedding for this year or for next that we’ve given some great tips! Check out our selection of fall favors and let us know your favorite fall wedding finds!Filed under Blogroll, Flowers, General Info, Place Card Holders, Weddings by Seasons | Comments Off