Let me start by saying congratulations to all our 2011 brides. We absolutely loved sharing your year with you and hearing the stories — both touching and funny — of your exciting journeys to the aisle, and down it.
Another year is beginning (can you believe it?) and we’re excited for our 2012 brides and grooms! 2012 promises to be an exciting year in weddings, with lots of original, highly personalized choices for couples.
As you know, we’re big on “unique” around here. So we’re lovin’ the predictions of designers, fashion moguls and our brides already. Here’s what we’re seeing for the year to come:
- MORE vintage. Vintage was in its infancy in 2010 and 2011. This year, the old-fashioned-meets-modern trend comes into full bloom, fashion designers are saying. And their 2012 collections prove it. At right: SO cool; Oscar de la Renta welcomes spring with vintage flair.
- LESS cookie-cutter copying. This year, brides are encouraged to show any side they want: playful, sophisticated, indie, futuristic, whatever strikes a girl’s fancy. (Yay!) Tie the knot at Great Flags, Disney or even Starbucks; wear shiny silver instead of traditional white; dance to reggae at your reception. The day is yours.
- LESS free-for-all spending. This trend isn’t as new as you may think; though we still see many wedding sites erroneously reporting greater than $28.5 k for the average U.S. wedding, theweddingreport.com says otherwise, with 2010 averages having fallen to a somewhat more sensible $24 k (see this breakdown from Wiki for details). Smart brides will stay smart this year and think of ever more cost-cutting ways to have the wedding of their dreams.
- MORE highly unique bouquet and “cake” choices. 2012 brides will be walking down the aisle holding oversize lollipops, bunches of feathers or favorite trinkets this year instead of floral arrangements, fashion experts predict. As for the wedding cake? It’s still all good — but more couples will venture into tasty new territory with wedding cupcakes, fudge bites, a reception dessert bar or dessert-type wedding favors such as muffin mixes.
- MORE princess-style touches. Although the new duchess of Cambridge herself, Kate (Catherine) Middleton, went sophisticated and almost understated (well…for a princess) with her gorgeous gown, traditional “princess’ additions like wide ball gown skirts, lots of crinoline, organza and tiaras are on deck for 2012 — and it was all inspired by the 2012 Royal Wedding. Sparkly, showy crystal is big too, for centerpieces, jewelry, gifts and wedding favors, wedding experts say.
- LESS front and more back…upper back, that is. Necklines are coming in closer toward the center and sometimes rising higher this coming year, while upper back hems are plunging to daring new depths. This sophisticated trend is a la Hollywood 1940s and very glamourous for 2012 brides.
- MORE ruching. Can we all stand up and give a hand to whomever brought ruching back? The slightly gathered look is usually placed at waist-level to give even the most modestly curved bride an hourglass figure, while hiding what many of us don’t want our wedding guests to see. Flattering ruching, we love you! In 2012, you’ll see the style for both brides and bridesmaids.
So. Excited for the new year yet? We can’t wait to see what you’ve chosen for your 2012 wedding. Thanks for e-mailing us, and here’s to a gorgeous wedding for you this year!Filed under General Info | Comments Off
Well, my lovelies. Do we come through around here or do we come through? Here’s Part Deux of our winter wedding favor roundup. Keep in mind that many of the favorsbyserendipity.com winter favors collection are also perfect for bridal showers and parties.
Enjoy…winter is a gorgeous season and such a wonderful, wonderland-esque time for a wedding.
Oooo. Is it delicious in here or is it just this wedding and shower favor? This all natural cupcake mix (drool) comes in your choice of vanilla or chocolate and is one sweet way to show friends you care. The ingredients are the finest, just like your guests deserve (Nielsen-Massey vanilla and Barry-Callebaut cocoa, mmm). Comes with personalization for your event, a pretty ribbon and enough mix for 6 cupcakes.
Look how gorgeous these boxes are. Have you ever? And since we’re already on the subject of sweet treats: these ribbon and winter berry-embellished favor boxes are filled with with white almonds or white sugar coated chocolate hearts. Pick a green box, textured white box or textured ivory box with silver, ivory or green berries on top. PLEASE NOTE: These have a 2-3 week lead time, so order early.
These chrome bottle stoppers are really something special. They’re topped a pretty silver colored snowflake and are quality made with a black rubber gasket. The display box is gorgeous, too. Discounts available on quantity orders. This is one of our absolute favorites.
Have a winter wedding favor favorite? Let us know all about it. And don’t forget to Like us on Facebook so you get the inside scoop on all our great deals. (We’re glad to return the favor on all quality, approved sites.)Filed under General Info | Comments Off
Change of seasons alert! (squee)
Yeah, I know. I go crazy over the change of seasons. Humor me. And have a look at these gorgeous winter favors (click each pic for info).
This is one favor that easily doubles as reception table decor…it’s just so pretty! The box is a snowflake design (sigh) with rhinestones (yes, rhinestones! Double sigh) and comes in two pieces. The top lifts off to reveal a special thank-you for your guest. Fill with candy for tabletop favors; something even sweeter (how about jewelry?) for your maid of honor and posse.
The bookworm in me zeroed in on this great gift right away. It’s amazingly economical for a high quality (silver metal, 2″ X 2″) item, and visually, the hearts combined with the snowflake make a sweet combination. It comes elegantly boxed.
Oh hey…foodie wedding gifts. You and I have been down this road before and it NEVER gets old (and only gets yummier). So have a peek at this gorgeous seasonal holly design brownie pop. I can vouch for these; so yummy, so adorable.
Can’t get enough? Watch this space for more fabulous winter wedding favor ideas. We’ll be back later in the week with three more faves. In the meantime, feel free to Like us on Facebook for updates…ciao!Filed under General Info | Comments Off
(big “swack” noise) Preston, we love you.
We know we’re not the only ones, of course. But it’s been a while since we’ve highlighted a great page, blog or designer and we thought Preston would be the perfect choice for brides seeking a great, gorgeous, unique wedding experience.
Take for instance Mr. Bailey’s latest inspiration on his weddings site: gold. Ooh! Gold is sumptuous, appeals to the eye and can be incorporated in virtually every aspect of your wedding. Great choice, beautiful pics (see below).
The gold dress is particularly unique. Yes, colors have been used by brides for several years now in a trend away from just-basic-white (though we love that look too). But gold makes such a bold statement. As Preston’s blog states, it’s regal; what every bride wants to be, at least for one day.
So without further ado, here are some of our favorite suggestions from Preston to his brides, and don’t forget to check out his blog, prestonbailey.com, for more ideas.
The bride wore gold: Greylikesweddings.com was Preston’s inspiration for the gown, above. We’re feeling inspired, too. Love the train…actually, love the whole gown, bodice to hem.
Oh, and guess who else Mr. Bailey loves today? Us! That’s right, he highlighted our gold wedding chair favor boxes. Click the pic above for info on how to buy. Thanks, Preston. We’re feeling the love and givin’ it right back!Filed under General Info | Comments Off